4/3/16

On our third day, we headed north of Taipei to Xienbeitou. The area is well known for its natural hot springs. It was easy to get there via the MRT (check out detailed instructions here). We first checked out Geothermal Valley (地熱谷). It was beautiful but spoiler alert: smells like rotten eggs! :) You can't go in the water here because it's way too hot, but there are other spots in town where you can.
taiwan post 1a
We then popped by Millennium Hot Springs. If you can believe it, entrance was only about $1.50! It was a neat experience. There were multiple pools of varying temperatures (some were crazy hot!). If I were to do it again, I would definitely wear a one-piece. I stuck out a bit in my bikini! Also, you'll notice in the photo below that a lot of people are sitting on the side of the pools, but whenever we tried to do that, old men would tell us we needed to totally sit in the pools. Haha, just gotta roll with it.
taiwan post 1b
Once we got our hot spring fix, we walked around town & had some amazing noodles.
taiwan post 1c
We then hopped back on the MRT and carried on to Danshui (淡水- also spelled Tamsui). Shirley, a blogging pal from Singapore, had recommended we check it out. We rented bikes and biked along the Golden Shore Bike Path.  It was a great way to see the area!
Taiwan post 1d
After we brought our bikes back, we walked along the pier and stopped by La Vie Revee Des Anges Cafe 天使热爱的生活咖啡馆 (a bit of a mouthful!). Shirley mentioned that it was a prime spot to catch the sunset.  Unfortunately, it wasn't a great sunset that night, but it's a really cute spot. If you're in Danshui, try to check it out!
taiwan post 1e
After sunset, we made our way back to the MRT station. There was the cutest girl dancing just outside the station. I had totally forgotten about her until I was going through our trip photos. I love when a photo brings back a memory! It was a really sweet moment.

Next up: Taroko National Park!

7 comments:

  1. I'm very glad you are coming back to blogging. Your photos and blog really inspire me to want to start my own. I seem to drop them when started.

    Oh well,
    Great to know you are back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viviana, thanks so much for the comment! Hope to be posting more over the next few months. Good luck getting your blog going!

      Delete
  2. Love your capture of Taiwan (:
    I'm from Taipei btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky! I would really love to live in Taipei one day!

      Delete
  3. Ah I totally missed this post until now! Sorry been so busy with the baby. Happy that you went, and loved that your blog posts are back. We're heading to Kyoto next time (nerves of steel needed, first time traveling with baby in tow) but hope I can finally revive my blog a bit too. Sending love from SG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shirley! Hope the trip to Kyoto goes well. We loved that spot so much!

      Delete

thanks so much for writing! i love hearing from you!

xo