2/23/11


white wedding flowers.
a few people have asked me if i'm going to be sharing about my wedding planning on the blog. i want to, of course, but i also want to keep things a surprise for all my friends and family who read my blog. so i will every once and awhile, and then talk about it way too much after the wedding is done!

as i briefly mentioned in this post, mike and i are collecting all things old for the wedding - brass animals, jars, books, cameras, doilies, candlesticks, trunks, and crates. as of right now, boxes of these treasures are taking over half of mike's room. it's going to be pretty funny to see the state of things come august.

i've decided something we need to do (soon!) is take an inventory of everything we have and better organize our items. it is a distinct possibility that i might buy three times more vases and bottles than we actually need. they're all just so lovely! and inexpensive!

which brings me to what we're going to put in all these old jars and vases - the flowers. i was showing mike some pictures i had come across on wedding blogs when he stopped me at this one. why not just a bunch of different white flowers?, he suggested. a perfect, simple, gorgeous idea. we've since decided that we're going to add some green to this mix (like green mums and bells of ireland). a friend of my mom is a retired florist, so she is going to make my bouquet, mike's boutonniere, and our moms' corsages. she is going to simply supply the rest of the flowers, and we will do all the arranging. any tips or advice in this department is more than welcome. it's tough figuring out the logistics of when to do them in order to maximize freshness...

i think i am honestly more excited for the flowers than anything else (besides marrying my best friend - just to be clear). now just about anytime i buy flowers, i buy white ones and try arranging them in some of our jars. and then i fall in love with the idea all over again...

26 comments:

  1. i love it. i love you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding is going to be stunning and it looks like you're having such a great time planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so lovely- I can't wait to see what you end up doing at your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog today - and am going through your post - you take such amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds lovely! I am wedding crazy right now so I'll be looking forward to hearing more tidbits about yours on your blog!

    :)

    Amy
    http://thismountaingirl.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy gorgeous - your wedding is going to be absolutely lovely. so so so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh oh yes! so beautiful! is that baby's breath? oh boy. i love it. i had white roses and white stephanotis, and it was lovely. and white mums. i love the ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to look fabulous! I love the books. They feel very Jane austin and give the flowers a grounded look. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's what we did for flowers at our wedding too. white flowers in random jars. lots of queen anne's lace and lisianthus and cherry blossoms. i loved it. wedding planning is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps: what kind of camera do you use?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lulu - i use a canon 5D with a 50mm lens! (it's mike's and i'm eternally grateful that he lets me use it!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How very exciting! I love your concept/theme for the wedding. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heart daisies! They are so pretty and I love the vases in the jars so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving all the little details that you will hopefully have for the wedding. When is it by the way?

    I definitely understand wanting to keep some things private so that you can surprise your guests. We'll enjoy all the pictures after the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. On my tables I had white gerbera daisies, I love the look of white flowers!!!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. amanda - the date is august 6th/2011... which is 161 one days away, if you're interested! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yes! I am totally with you. I'm pretty sure we're opting for mostly white flowers with a bit of green mixed in, too. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love your blog!
    The pics are Wonderful!
    I follow you!
    Follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. you and people are quite allowed to like wedding blogs. i think it was when i'd gotten to the end of my wedding planning and after the wedding that i never wanted to look at one again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! So glad you commented on my blog again, because I have wanted to find your blog again to put in my google reader! I love it, and can't wait to read about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We did something really similar at our wedding! I used all kinds of stuff. This is going to be a great look.

    PS: Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yes, flowers are the best part (well, maybe the cake is, but you could get some edible flowers!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a lovely idea! I bought lots of vintage books when I got married and I still have a hard time passing them up when I thrift!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you would be an awesome wedding photographer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. My heart stopped when I saw daisies. Congrats on your engagement! (Even though this is super super late.) In my defense, I just found your blog today.

    Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great idea for using jars or vases for décor part. I am planning my wedding these days and have limited budget. Already booked venue and fresh flowers at online who Deliver Flowers in nominal price. Going to use vases and bottles for floral décor.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for writing! i love hearing from you!

xo