9/23/13


After we bid adieu to our traveling pals, we zipped over to the airport to meet my family. Of course their flight was delayed so we had some major time to kill at the airport in the middle of the night. They finally arrived and we immediately loaded up in a van. We drove through the wee hours of the morning and arrived at Father's Guesthouse in the Cameron Highlands. A friend had recommended the guesthouse to us and I would highly recommend it as well. The owner was extremely accommodating with pushing our tour back a day since everyone was dead on their feet.

We slept most of the day and then my mom and I ventured out for a foot massage. At this point they had been in South East Asia for less than twenty four hours, yet my mom turned to me and said, "You know, I think we'll have to do a trip like this again sometime." :) I hope so!

The next day we explored the highlands and a bit of the mossy forest (look here for photos of that). The Cameron Highlands are even more stunning in real life than they look in pictures, which is sort of hard to believe. The temperature is also quite a bit cooler than in urban Malaysia, so that was a nice break.

Next up - busy, colourful, sprawling Kuala Lumpur!

17 comments:

  1. SO MUCH GREEN! These photos are so, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so pretty! Love that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember staying at Father's Guesthouse. The owner is super friendly. I was freezing at night though! No heating and I was used to Asian temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I would do to go travelling again. It's been so long since I've been on a plane. I think I might start saving for a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty texture! And your hair is getting so long! Lovely braid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pics. how do you make it that theres not a lot of space in between photos? my photos always have a big gap in between :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes, i've been there. i make photo collages in photoshop and import it through flickr. details in my FAQs. :)

      Delete
  7. wow - how gorgeous! i feel like i want to sleep under those mountains - they look like a cosy velvet blanket. super dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep. That last photo is now my desktop background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this place looks so amazing! And your photos are gorgeous.
    I've been craving a trip back to South East Asia, such an amazing part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, these are incredible pictures. Makes me want to pack a bag and head for the airport.

    Lucy xo | We Resolve Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this new font! so cool! where do you guys usually find yours?

    also... those green hills... good grief

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for writing! i love hearing from you!

xo