7/18/12


While at Folk Fest, we ran into all sorts of people we knew. It was great to see some, awkward to see others...you know how it is.

As I culled through our thousands* of photos from Folk fest, I felt like I was running into people all over again.Those legs in cowboy boots... well they belong to a girl I went to high school with. And that girl with dreads? Haven't seen her since junior high, but there she was in a photo. One time I was taking a picture of a cute little girl and it wasn't until after I took it that I realized she was a student that I had taught this spring! Felt a bit like a creep, haha!


*Mike, in an attempt to find some shade, would sometimes pose as a volunteer photographer. He'd crouch at the front of the stage (prime shady location) and take photos. No one was the wiser, but it meant that we came home with a crazy amount of stage photos!

14 comments:

  1. ahh i totally know how it is! and recognizing people AFTER you take their picture or see them in the background...yep. haha.

    ps i totally saw mike 'pretending' to be a volunteer photographer more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps awesome dancing photos! woop woop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I love the hippie style everyone seems to have at music festivals :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! so rad! what a fun place - i dig that type of festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, antlers on a guitar?
    super rad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am LOVING these pictures. This festival looks like so much fun- it's making me excited for all the concerts I'm going to in coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these pictures remind me of advice that i received from a very cool guy at 5:30 in the morning waiting for my bus from new york to boston. he said be good to people, go to awesome concerts, have adventures and then you'll die when you're 85. sad truth is i've never yet been to a concert. wish i was at folk fest right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the guitar with antlers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are amazing and full of so much life! And I agree with Nikaela - the antlered guitar is definitely my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i can level with you about the awkwardness of bumping into people from high school. it makes me feel a tad old ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for writing! i love hearing from you!

xo