7/27/11

Yes that's me there in the corner - hightailing it out of the photo, just a little too late.

Mike, in kindness and good faith, let me assist him at my cousin's wedding this past weekend. I mostly tried to stay out of the way (occasionally failing, as the above photo bears witness), fix Kristin's dress, marvel at Mike as he perfectly executed the photoshoot portion of the day (read = extremely attractive), and carry bags and coats. I did manage to snap some photos as well, of which Mike was highly complimentary. (Seriously, that man is just the nicest!)

The wedding was gorgeous, colourful, and crazily creative. Thanks for setting the bar so high for mine, dear cousin! ;) These two lovebirds have been dating forever so it was awfully nice to see them make it official.

There were some additional fun twists to the weekend which included somehow getting my seatbelt twisted around my waist. I got completely stuck, laughed hysterically until I cried and a convenience store employee had to use a wrench to undo the seatbelt.

I also chipped my tooth last night as I was tickling and playing with my niece and nephew. Never chipped a tooth in my life, so why not do it less than two weeks before they wedding?! It's not a huge trip, but it will unfortunately will be bit of a tricky fix.

In an effort to make me feel better, Mike commented that we can now go by "chipped tooth" and "snaggletooth" - an attractive combo, n'est-ce pas?

16 comments:

  1. less than two weeks? ooh it's getting close! that photo is hilarious, you just didn't quite make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!!! waiting for more pics of the wed!!!

    olivilla-olivilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first photo shoot i ever assisted on I ended up in some of the shots. Now I've got one in pride of place in my office, it's a good memory. (and a great shot - in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love this post! And as for the whole chipped tooth situation, it never ceases to amaze me how little things like that always seem to happen the closer you get to the big day! I love the little nicknames too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you for joining Mike behind the camera! This photos is hilarious. I love you.

    I'm so sorry to hear of your tooth catastrophe! You seem to make the best of everything. I admire that about you. I can't believe your wedding is 2 weeks away!! Hope you can stay relaxed and have fun through it. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that photo cracks me up. and all these lil stories cracked me up too! what a weekend! and for some reason I just thought this was both Mike & your blog together until it finally dawned on me to click on his photo on Kinfolk and walah an amazzzing photo blog of his own! such wonderful work, you two make such a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah ah funny photo!!
    ciao,
    serena

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha you are just too dang adorable. i chipped my tooth in 5th grade getting pushed over by a boy in basketball. it hurt when the wind hit it. but you´d never be able to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so exciting -- congrats! and too funny about the photo. that's what photoshop is for, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. tooth smooth.

    7 more dayyyyssssss!!!!

    excited por toi!

    xo
    xo

    ps. i wish you were getting married at a church so i could crash the ceremony part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i should clarify:
    "tooth smooth", in the sense that you will be so beautiful no matter what and it is nothing in the big picture... not "tooth smooth" in the sense that you are silly to care about it...

    i would have been so frazzeled had that happened to me!

    whos taking your photos again?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, that picture is priceless! It sounds like you had a lovely day :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for writing! i love hearing from you!

xo